Job Opportunity: Senior Operations Coordinator
We are a Canadian owned and operated business that offers a multi-dimensional approach to all our clients and projects. Launched in the 1980s to provide association management, we have expanded to become a diversified company – offering a wide portfolio of services.
At Base Consulting and Management, our multilingual team brings a wealth of experience in association management, strategic planning, foundation and charitable oversight, convention and meeting execution, live and virtual events, and more.
We are currently seeking a highly self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks using your excellent organizational and customer service skills. Interaction with committees, Board members and members are integral aspects of this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following functions: work with senior client leaders at a strategic level, providing input and guidance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following functions.
Association management skills include:
- Member services
- Budget development and oversight
- Board and committee governance and support
- Minute taking
- Marketing and communication, including writing and editing
Meeting planning skills include:
- Onsite events: site selection, negotiation of contracts, budgeting, dealing with suppliers, on-site management
- Virtual events: Coordinating and running virtual meetings and events (using AV providers or virtual platforms as required)
- Hybrid events: managing both delegates onsite and participating virtually
- Work with stakeholders and sponsors, as required
- Manage website content for events as required
Competitive candidates will possess the following skills:
- Problem-solver, oriented towards results and focused on service
- Work in a collaborative environment, and proactively sharing information and resources within the team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments (where the outcome or result of a project is not predefined, and materializes gradually as work is conducted)
- Creative, innovative, and critical thinker
Base Consulting is currently operating a hybrid working environment with staff having access to the office in North York as well as the ability to work remotely as agreed with management.
- Full-time position (37.5 hours per week) contract position
- Opportunity to become full-time employee after 6 months
- Group health insurance (medical and dental, after 6 months)
- Employee Continuing Education (after 6 months)
- Some travel may be required (Usually within Canada)
- A great team of smart and dedicated people!
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Database Management Systems and Outlook / Internet
- Ability to manage multiple client accounts
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent spoken and written English
- French is an asset
- Unflappable multi-tasker
- References required
Responses to: ERoberts@baseconsulting.ca
Replies will be sent only to candidates who qualify for an interview.