Junior Operations & Administration Coordinator
We are a Canadian owned and operated business that offers a multi-dimensional approach to all our clients and projects. Launched in the 1980s to provide association management, we have expanded to become a diversified company – offering a wide portfolio of services.
At Base Consulting and Management, our multilingual team brings a wealth of experience in association management, strategic planning, foundation and charitable oversight, convention and meeting execution, live and virtual events, and more.
We are currently seeking a focused, detail-oriented individual with strong administrative, communication and social media skills to join our team of Association and Event Professionals. This is a hands-on role responsible for supporting our team as they deliver a variety of services to our clients. They will apply their knowledge through a variety of supports such as scheduling meetings, managing calendars & timelines, updating various websites and producing social media content. The Junior Operations & Administration Coordinator will interact with and learn from other senior team members, leadership and industry colleagues. We believe in constantly monitoring and adding to the latest industry insights and are deeply committed to ongoing education for all team members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following functions:
Fulfill general administrative functions:
- Social media & website updates
- Monitoring various email accounts and passing along relevant messaging to colleagues
- Coordinating various calendars & schedules for clients and team members
- Managing various virtual filing systems
- Drafting and circulating documents including Meeting agendas, minutes and support materials; supporting client committees and staff
- Creating and editing marketing pieces, bulletins, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations
- Coordinating and running virtual meetings (Zoom, Webex, Teams, etc.)
- Liaising and coordinating with A/V professionals for more complex virtual meetings
- Providing admin support to meeting planners for in-person events
- Circulating e-mail blasts, communications, etc.
- Follow up and liaison for speakers and participants
- Setting up online registration, managing registration enquiries, providing registration reports, etc.
- Managing and monitoring online databases
Competitive candidates will possess the following skills:
- Problem-solver, oriented towards results and focused on service
- Work in a collaborative environment, and proactively sharing information and resources within the team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments (where the outcome or result of a project is not predefined, and materializes gradually as work is conducted)
- Creative, innovative, and critical thinker
- Ability to work professionally in both French & English
Base Consulting is currently operating a hybrid working environment with staff having access to the office in North York as well as the ability to work remotely as agreed with management.
- Full-time position (37.5 hours per week) contract position
- Opportunity to become full-time employee after 6 months
- Group health insurance (medical and dental, after 6 months)
- Employee Continuing Education (after 6 months) (adjusted annually)
- A great team of smart and dedicated people!
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Database Management Systems and Outlook / Internet
- Ability to manage multiple client accounts
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent spoken and written English
- French is an asset
- Unflappable multi-tasker
- References required
Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, residing in Toronto
Responses to: email@example.com
Replies will be sent only to candidates who qualify for an interview.